BOC: Drummer of the day

Fri Feb 21 08:23:53 EST 1997

This posted to the AOL BOC newsgroup by Eric Bloom:

Subj:  Miceli finds Rainbow
Date:  2/19/97 12:38:54 AM
From:  OYSTRBOY

Alas, just when Jon Miceli (my favorite drummer) starts to really get into
the material ( read the fan posts earlier)....we must bid him a fond
farewell...one of the trials of rockdom...Jon will be joining Ritchie
Blackmore's Rainbow while Chuck Burgi hits the road with the son of Julio
Iglesias..so if you get a chance to see Rainbow's upcoming tour...go, if for
nothing else than to see Jon play his ass off...(and it's quite an ass).  The
incredible Bobby Rondinelli joins us...his usual gig being Black Sabbath's
drummer, but they are not touring now.  Bobby drummed with us once last year
and kicked butt so we are very happy to have him playing with us again.
Beginning this weekend in MA (friday) Bobby will be the man at the kit.  Good
luck to Jon!

John