OFF: poster sex or art?

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Sat Feb 22 05:01:47 EST 1997

While were discussing OFF topics...

There's an 'artist' (subject to debate) photographer who has his work
shown in some museum in Holland. There was some fuss and even a court
session about the advertising posters. The exhibition is called 'Sex And
Stories' or something.
The photograph they took to print on those ad posters was of a woman,
shown from belly-button to knees, her legs spread, holding a guys head
firmly and pissing into his mouth.

At first they wanted to ban the poster completely, but the judge ruled
otherwise. He thought too it was art and I guess he meant the way the
woman held the man's head in such a pose, which is a stereotypical pose
for a man to hold a woman's head when she's giving him one; on the photo
it's the other way around completely.

Because of the law suit (correct English?), it was an item on the news.
What's better advertising than a banned poster on the news, eh?

Are we living in a free country or what? (Or, are we having some horny
judges or what?)

Jerry