HW Opinions on Nik

Ian R Fines ianfines at JUNO.COM
Mon Feb 24 19:58:25 EST 1997

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:39:15 -0700 Dane Carlson <dcarlson at ONECOLOR.COM>
writes:
>I have never been much of a Nik fan, his punk phase/ICU stuff wasn't
>really what I am into. I recently picked up Past or Present, and
>didn't hate it. I was curious what people think about Nik and his
>"Hawkwind"?
>
>DAne

I love Nik, both as a person and a performer.  His '95 tour was great,
and I give him a lot of credit for playing tunes like "Kadu Flyer",
"Dying Seas", and "High Rise".  I think he is really entertaining, and is
a hard performer.  Though Nik's "Hawkwind" is a sharp contrast from
Brock's version, I think I can do w/o Brock's droning rhythm guitar once
in a while.