HW Opinions on Nik

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Mon Feb 24 21:11:19 EST 1997

Dane Carlson wrote:

> I have never been much of a Nik fan, his punk phase/ICU stuff wasn't really what I am into. I recently picked up Past or Present, and didn't hate it. I was curious what people think about Nik and his "Hawkwind"?
>
> DAne

        Well, I'm a bit of a Niker, myself, and must say that even though his
singing and sax capabilities are nothing to write home about, I think
he's a great performer and a great front-man. He comes across as having
a defined stage persona, which is something I don't think ol' Ron Tree
has perfected (yet...).
        I love ICU, and I quite like "Past or Future?" Though, I don't like
Prophits (profits) of Time, as he totaly destroyed some ICU numbers
there.
        Nik's no Calvert, mind you. But, neither is Calvert, anymore...

- Max Wilcox