HW Opinions on Nik

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Feb 25 08:42:00 EST 1997

My impression is that the anti-Nik feeling focusses mainly on (a) his
performances with HW in the early 80's, and (b) his use of the name
"Hawkwind" more recently.  Even so, opinion varies widely, with several
people really liking his early 80's stuff and some people thinking he's
morally entitled to use the name.  I haven't heard many people slag him
off for the music he's been playing recently.  My opinion is that it's
a mixed bag.  Sphynx is pretty good, Anubian Lights is OK, Prophets Of
Time was bad.  The descriptions of Space Ritual '94 didn't sell it to
me, but Past Or Future sounds promising.  I must pick it up sometime.

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.