OFF: Amber Revisited

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 25 11:01:09 EST 1997

RJ writes:

[An Amber scenario for Civilization II...]

> i think it sounds really interesting. and if i had the software yer
> refering to,i would love to get involved.
> but i dont. so let me know how it turns out... rj

Jeese RJ, I think you'd like Civ II.  You get to build a civilization
from scratch and then try out various tactics of war, economics and
research through the ages.  What would appeal to you though is that you
can fight apocalyptic wars using nukes, stealth bombers, fundamentalist
nuclear terrorism and god knows what else.  If you do it well enough,
global warming happens and everyone's economy is screwed...

Not only that but you can build your own scenarios. How about After The
Apocalypse: Survivors versus the AI's & The Mutants...

Admittedly it costs the equivalent of 50 Dollars or close to it.
However, since a game can take anything from 20 to 60 hours in total,
the odds on it having you miss enough meals and beers to more than make
up for that are pretty good. I've played one game so far and just in
time not spent in the pub, I've doubled my money.

Next step is to replace the .wav files in the game with Hawkwind toons.

FoFP