OFF: Earplugs revisited

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Feb 26 11:15:10 EST 1997

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Ted Jackson jr. EL84 wrote:

> > From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
> > Again, if you want a low-cost alternative to the high-priced plugs, and
> > don't like the "plugged up" feeling of ordinary earplugs or cotton, I
> > recommend Sonic II Noisefilters.
> >
> > John
>
> I second that.  The Sonics are nice because they don't muffle
> everything.  Everything sounds [pretty much] normal, as opposed to
> the foam ones that [predictably]sound like you're listening through
> foam.  The sonics have a little valve in them that eliminates only
> the damaging high-frequency stuff. Give 'em a try...

I had a look for them, but didn't manage to find any; all I could find
locally were the foam types.  I have another look this lunchtime (there's
a musical instrument shop downtown I haven't tried), but unless I'm lucky,
it looks like it's foam for me.

Many thanks to everyone for the info.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Sundial, _Live Drug_

e-mail: paul at csgrad..cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.