OFF: Earplugs revisited

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Wed Feb 26 21:08:38 EST 1997

Paul says--

> Me too.  Like I said in my original post on this thread back in January,
> it's not often SW Virginia gets *any* rock concerts, let alone someone
> like Metallica.  This is definitely Country country. ;-)

I doubt we'll ever see Hawkwind out here! :-)

> > obCDplayer--Frank Zappa Plays the Music of Frank Zappa
>
> Is this a new release???

Sort of. It's a mail order only thingy (check out www.zappa.com)
consisting of two versions each of "Watermelon in Easter Hay", "Black
Napkins", and "Zoot Allures". Unfortunately, one of the two versions is
the original, released version, so there is the unavoidable Kollektor
redundancy to contend with. :-P The other versions are extremely nice
live recordings which predate the "official" versions. The liner notes
(written by Dweezil) indicate that these three compositions were special
or unique to Frank. There's also a track entitled "Merely a Blues in A".

The packaging is very nice, the music is top notch, but the price tag is
a bit high. I have no regrets. :-)

Guido

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse