Civ I vs. Civ II

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Thu Feb 27 09:55:36 EST 1997

M Holmes writes:

> Civilization II by Sid Meier has been voted numero uno strategy game at
> least once. It was based on a board game but is like a very very
> advanced version of the old "Populus" computer game.

 [ most of decsription deleted ]

> To call this game "addictive" doesn't do it justice. You will miss
> meals. You will miss sleep. You will say "I'll just finish off the
> French on this island and then I'll go to bed".

Could someone fill me in on what are the actual differences between
Civ II and Civ I?  Mike's description sounded to me exactly like the
classic game.  The classic game that ate me, mind and soul, for about
6 months - before I finally emerged, blinking uncertainly like an
unfrozen caveman, into the modern world again.

Fortunately, I kicked the habit, and "classic" Civ finally lost
it's unholy grip on me.  So, what's different about Civ II?

Steve
waiting for Warlords III
and Diablo II
and Fighter Duel II