OFF: CLONE

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Thu Feb 27 05:36:59 EST 1997

ask any nation that has been on the recieving end of an invasion or
whatever, and they will say it
was the USA or russia or whichever STATE, that was killing their peoples.no
one will say that it was
john smith and kerry brown who was doing it.
sure its people doing the killing. but its because of threat of
imprisonment by the state, or the brain washing that is done in school, ala
history class. even tribal leadership fits into the id of "state". if the
grand poohbah
of buttcrack says lets all go kill the other tribe,its the state speaking.
the people follow only because they feel removed from each other, most of
them probably dont want to do it.
but no one wants to be the first to find out whats in store if they refuse.
very few wars have been fought over anything other than furthering the
state's ends, be it financial or whatever. yeah, people are
beasts,sometimes, and are subject to bloodlust.
but someone is always calling the shots,and that person or group of persons
can elect to stay home if they wish, while the soldiers dont often have
that luxury....           rjj
> Martin wrote:
>
> > Do I detect an oversimplification here?  You are quite right - people
do
> > the killing, but is it on their own initiative?  Was the First World
War,