OFF: Civ I vs. Civ II

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Feb 27 12:48:09 EST 1997

Steven Tice writes:

> Gee, I'm still playing Civ I.  What are these cheats people are talking
> about?  The only cheat I'm using is the time machine (saving before every
> military action or hut and reloading until I get the desired result).
>
> I'm a little disappointed to hear that Civ II has nothing to represent
> environmental concerns.

Not strictly true. You have the global warming problem from pollution,
nukewars and nuclear power (except fusion). You also have the hydro
power, mass transit, sewers and solar power advances as well as
Environmentalism, Recycling and other related stuff.

> One thing that bugs me about Civ I is that you're
> rewarded for turning all natural areas into railroad-covered megaplexes.

That's changed too. It's only worth Railroading some terrain, not all of
it.

> I'd
> like to see something that rewards you for maintaining national parks and the
> like...

Well forest can be pretty good for defence...

> SET

FoFP