HW: Solo stuff, and all that....

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Feb 28 09:09:03 EST 1997

Good day to all,
        (or night, as the case may be...)

        I was sitting, listening to some old compliation Hawk stuff, a little
while ago, and I came to directing my eyes to my large printed list of
all the Hawk material that I have/don't have. I was looking specificaly
at all of the solo stuff many of the members have done over the years,
and I realised that I truely want some of these items (well, I'd like to
know about them at least). So, I have a series of questions about
various solo outings, and a couple of other things, too, a list that is
a little large, but here goes, anyway...
        (i) Does anyone know if you can order directly from Flicknife, or iff
anywhere in particular could mail order their catalog? The specific
reason I ask, is an interest in Dave Brock's "Agent's of Chaos" CD, and
the like, which I believe were available on Flicknife...
        (ii) Where could I get a hold of Huw Lloyd-Langton's solo stuff, such
as "River Run", and his other stuff?
        (iii) I'm looking for any information about the possibility of ataining
Del Dettmar's solo albums, like "Migration of the Snails".
        (iv) How about Nik Turner's Sphynx cassette release of "Unreleased
Studio Material", with songs such as Sonic Savages, etc.
        (v) One of the last I am lookign for, is Simon House's album, "Gulp".
I've never even heard of this, and as I'm considering doing a Spiral
Realms homepage, I think I would be rather usefull...
        Comming close to the end now...
        A last question is about the whereabouts of any Hawk videos. One that
particularly looks very nice to me is the "HW Promos Video). If aanyone
has this, is this actually film clips. I like the live material that
I've got, but I was wondering if they had any actual film clips. "Love
in Space", the video had some stuff that was close to film clip quality,
but, I'M LOOKING FOR MORE, GODDAMN-IT!!!! (er, sorry about that...).
        A last thing. What do people think of Helios Creed? I'm listening to
the Cleo "X-Rated Tales/Catholic Finger" album, and, even after having
it for the last few months, am unsure what to make of him. I've heard
his guitar on various other things, but don't know whether I should go
out and get some Chrome recordings...
        Anyway, It's been a far too long note, so I shall shut myself up, and
sit down for a bit, I think, once the men in the white coats give me my
medecine...

- Max "too much gin" Wilcox