BOC-L Digest - 27 Feb 1997 - Special issue

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Feb 28 14:04:14 EST 1997

>Subject: Re: BOC : Club Ninja Liner  Notes
>
>>yet for many of the faithful hordes who haunt the internet [...] Club Ninja
>remains an astonishing work.
>
>>Andy>"Astonishing" is a much nicer word than "crap", isn't it? :))"

HOWLS!

>Andy>"Although of course I like quite a lot of it - but how come no-one ever
>mentions "Shadow Warrior", which is by far the best thing on it?  Followed
by"When the War Comes", and "Spy in the House of Night", IMHO of
course..."

Maybe history will be kinder to Club Ninja than us fans.  Perfect Water
>is what I look for.  Its so, so Buck.
>
>Brad>"        I'm sorry but I must disagree, 'Club Ninja' is the second best
>BOC album, behind 'Imaginos' IMHO...Look at the lyrics of 'White Flags',
>'Beat-em-Up' amongst others..This was actually the first BOC album I heard so
>I may have a soft spot for it but it's still in my top 10 alltime albums for
>over 10 years.
>        The song writing is some of the best since 'Last Days Of May' and
>'Before The Kiss'..Now while there have been better songs than are on 'Club
>Ninja' I must say that taken on the whole as an album, it was only bettered
>by 'Imaginos'.
>        L8r everyone,
                Brad 'Godzilla' Crawford"

Some bold sentiments there Brad.  I won't knock it though I do disagree
with your statement, but I disagree for almost the same reason.  Feet
Knees was the first album I bought and only after seeing that tour.  My
first impression of BOC remains amongst my strongest.  Feet/Knees and
ST, the second album bought.  The rest of the catalog will always pale
to these two and I accept no arguments.  I wonder how many other fans
>feel their first BOC album represents the best?
>
>>Whats the story
>behind Ezekiel's Wheel?
>
>John S.>"AAARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!! The kiss of death!!! Now it will NEVER be
>released!"
>
>lil ab>The insert also lists the boc fanclub on aol and Miles KB web site.
>Would have been nice to include the FAQ.
>
>JS>"I find it amazing that Levy would mention Bolle - he said some pretty
>nasty things about Levy after Workshop of the Telescopes came out...
>Besides, nothing could top seeing a mention of me and the FAQ in last
years GOLDMINE article... :-)  :-)  :-)"

John you are way too nice my friend.  How many hours, how many phone
calls, books read, websites searched have you put into the FAQ?  Hey
your a selfless guy and I can appreciate that but I wish someone out
there in La La land would acknowledge your contibutions occassionally.
Its as relevant as Morning Final, or AOL, BOC-L or Miles' website.  The
FAQ is for everyone and everyone should know about it.  OK sorry I just
had to vent a bit.  Heck I appreciate what you do as do many other I'm
sure.  Gotta go get that root canal now.

L8er