BOC; Club Ninja

Dan Hinds DanH at STLABS.COM
Fri Feb 28 15:34:57 EST 1997

>>>Brad>"        I'm sorry but I must disagree, 'Club Ninja' is the second
>>>BOC album, behind 'Imaginos' IMHO...Look at the lyrics of 'White >>Flags',
>>>'Beat-em-Up' amongst others..This was actually the first BOC album I
>>>I may have a soft spot for it but it's still in my top 10 alltime albums
>>>for
>>>over 10 years.
>>>        The song writing is some of the best since 'Last Days Of May' and
>>>'Before The Kiss'..Now while there have been better songs than are on
>>>Ninja' I must say that taken on the whole as an album, it was only
>>>by 'Imaginos'.
>>>        L8r everyone,
>>>                Brad 'Godzilla' Crawford"
>>
>>Some bold sentiments there Brad.  I won't knock it though I do disagree
>>with your statement, but I disagree for almost the same reason.  Feet
>>Knees was the first album I bought and only after seeing that tour.  My
>>first impression of BOC remains amongst my strongest.  Feet/Knees and
>>ST, the second album bought.  The rest of the catalog will always pale
>>to these two and I accept no arguments.  I wonder how many other fans
>>feel their first BOC album represents the best?

Not me.  My first purchase was TRBN, which I like (I like all of the
albums to varying degrees), but it is by no means my favorite.  The
first couple songs I heard by BOC were Dr. Music and Mirrors, back when
they were getting airplay, and Mirrors is one of my *least* favorite
albums (though I love those tracks and The Vigil...and I Am The
Storm...)

Club Ninja is a strange one.  I didn't like it much when I first bought
it, but it has grown on me over the years.  Production-wise, I think
it's one of their best (the drums sound particularly good to me).
Unlike other albums that have a few classics, a few good songs and maybe
one or two average ones, CN is in the 'pretty good' range throughout.  I
still wouldn't rank it as high as albums like Spectres, FOUO, T&M or ST,
but it's a fine album and a lot better than the band (and Sandy P.) make
it seem.

Later,
--dan-->