Helios Creed / Nik Turner

William Fuller fswof at AURORA.ALASKA.EDU
Fri Feb 28 20:58:33 EST 1997

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, RJ wrote:

> > >         A last thing. What do people think of Helios Creed?

Great stuff!! I love it. Highly original music with guts, but it still
retains enough rock-n-roll cliches to be accessible.

Chrome is even more of the same, but perhaps a bit more structured... You
know the song Superior Catholic Finger? That's very Chrome-like. I just
bought Helios' Busting Through the Van Allen Belt which has a live track
featuring Nik Turner. Anyway, this is in the realm of psychotic space
rock... in other words space rock with lots of heavy metal riffing,
growls, hisses, tortured guitar noises, backwards vocals, backwards drums,
all sorts of stuff to make you think you're losing your mind. An early
Chrome album is Alien Soundtracks and it sounds just like its name.
Another great Chrome album is No Humans Allowed. But don't make the
mistake of buying any Chrome after about 1984 when Helios Creed left the
band. After that they turned into synthesizer mush.

William Fuller   fswof at aurora.alaska.edu