HW: The REAL Hawks

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Jan 1 09:29:15 EST 1997

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Paul G Ward wrote:

> On 29 Dec 96 at 22:18, RJ wrote:
>
> > i agree with you that brock/turner worked fantastically well
> > together.but,i do believe nik tried to merge his icu punk style in
> > with hw in the early 80's. nik turner is definitely unquestionably a
> > punker. but he is also a jazzman,and a spacerocker,and god knows
> > what else.
>
> And also plays 50's tracks and waltzes at Wedding Anniversaries ...
> 'tis true - I've seen the photo's!

  One friend of mine , after seeing the "Night of the hawks" vid, asked
"does Nik T actually have *any* talent?".  I think he would think again if
he heard ICU, PorF, PoT, and any other thing that the guy is involved with
/played on.  He has also written some cool tunes (D-Rider, Brainstorm,
Stonehenge-who knows?, etc.).  And wearing a tux at a Wedding anniversary,
jammin' out tunes, has got to take the cake.  Like to see some other
contemporary rockers try to do that.  (visions of Spinal Tap's "jazz
era").

   NIK RULES,

   Troy