Catch A Falling Star(fighter)

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Thu Jan 2 17:44:54 EST 1997

----------
From:   Stephen Lindsey[SMTP:stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM]
Sent:   Thursday, January 02, 1997 4:58 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        HW:Catch A Falling Star(fighter)

Ummm,

back from hols:

Welcome back (I'm still on vacation, but just dorking around...)!

Maybe I'm a little dumb and I'm the only person in the world that hadn't figured
this out, maybe not.....

The last song on Captain Lockheed (essential, essential listening) is the
ironic masterpiece Catch A Falling Starfighter

Correct.

Over the hols someone was reciting the words to the song"Catch A Falling Star"
which is undoubtedly the genesis of Mr Calverts song (many similar lines)
Now I've never heard of this song, person reciting said he thought it was from
Pinochio or some such Disney movie.

"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day?" Don't know if it is from
Disney or not, anyone else know? If memory serves, this was written in the '30's or '40's. As the
Starfighter is one of the archetype '50's jetfighters, I guess the song doesn't quite fit the era... ;-)
 But "Catch a falling star" has been used in literary circles for many a moon, I would suspect...
So, who knows????

So did the rest of you know this already or what ???

By my answer, at least one other of us doesn't. :-)

Cheers,
Steve L.

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com

objCan'tBelieveIGotThisAssignment!: I have to install computer systems on cruise ships, starting
February. Part of the installs will be while the ship is under way. Have I been bad or what??? :-)
(Had to share this with someone...) "I get paid for doing THIS"-Steve Martin