BOC-L Digest - 2 Jan 1997 to 3 Jan 1997

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Jan 3 10:16:00 EST 1997

Imagine a license plate that says 3M TA3.  What would people think of
you when you drove by. 8^).

John>"X-Ray Eyes may have been done only once or twice, but is supposed
be on the upcoming album."

Have you heard this one JS?  Its a great song.  Guess I'm just
priveledged. 8^).

JS>"Reports on Eric are mixed.  I read some stuff on AOL regarding the
shows
and most thought the band kicked ass at the recent shows."

Well as a fan you always hope that they do kick a lil A**.  I love to
see them and do every year for the last few.  However their last
appearance here was their first show in a while and to be honest they
were not that tight.  Bucks guitar dominated everything and the vocal
mix was atrocious.  Lips were moving but very little could be
understood.  Better than most bands but by their own standards not a
very good performance.  Talking to Alan and Danny after the show they
were not real happy with the set.  Nothing seems to faze Buck anymore,
he continued to smile.

JS>"My biggest concern is that the band's setlist appears to be
shrinking by
one or two songs, and is about as STALE as I've seen it."

The club scene is their livelihood , where they derive their revenue.
Stands to reason that they would not or could not stay away from the
road too long.  Maybe they just aren't happy with the live versions of
the new album yet.  They may still be working on the bugs.  Eric's
apparent health problems only make this worse.  From the tour dates you
posted they will be doing 8 shows in 8 cities in 8 days.  They have some
time before this trip begins but is it enough to radically re-do the
setlist, especially with a stand -in drummer?   Probably not.  What they
are playing now they can play in their sleep.

In line with the recent HW thread about bands evoving etc.,  most bands
do this by members departing (mutual decsion or untimely death) or
simply re-making themselves.  Change can be good even drastic changes.
Suppose Eric's health problems force him to retire and Buck, Alan, Danny
et. al. decide to carry on.  They go out and get some young vocalist who
can really wail way (James Labrie or Geoff Tate? Oooh what a dream) who
can do both Eric's and Al's vox fairly well.  I think most of us would
still go to see/hear them when they hit our burg.

The re-releasing of Club Ninja is welcome news.  I want it bad.

lil' ab

ob CD - Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys

Good Morning students.
The Thompkins R- 5 school district lunch menu for today
Shepards Pie;
shredded carrot and raisin cup;
seasoned green beans,
 fudgecicles,