BOC: Stale setlist

John Halligan halligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Jan 3 18:08:33 EST 1997

>> From:          M R Godwin <hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK>
>>
>> If they could be persuaded, I would like to hear:
>>
>> Quicklime Girl
>> Astronomy
>> Magna of Illusion
>> Wings Wetted Down
>> Workshop of the Telescopes (how can they put out a compilation under that
>>                             name and not play the sodding number?)
>> Del Rio's Song
>> Nosferatu
>>
>> Or maybe the Brain Surgeons would like to have a crack at one or two of
>> those?
>>

>Well, for sure, that'll be the only way you'll ever hear any of the
>'Imaginos' songs performed by any member, past or present, of BOC...
>
>I saw BOC many times in the old days, and I've never heard them do
>Wings, Quicklime or Workshop.  Nosferatu, I heard once, if memory
>serves, though they're all great songs which I'm sure most old-time
>BOC fans would really dig hearing
>theo

The Brain Surgeons have too much of their own great material to play all of
our fave BOC songs, besides they are not BOC.  If Al feels like including
some of these in the live shows, it's up to the band.  If it came to
playing either Nosferatu or My Civilization, I'd rather hear the latter.
BOC definately needs to rework its set though... I would've enjoyed hearing
a set of most of the new songs- and I've only seen the band TWICE!  BOC
needs to keep the die-hards interested.  New fans at the shows probably
only know the big three anyway, so they can play anything they want as long
as the crowd gets their shot of The Reaper.

Brian

Brian T. Halligan           "Halligbt at bigvax.alfred.edu"
Alfred University
Communication Studies- '97

"Free is when you don't have to pay for nothing or do
 nothing.  We want to be free, free as the wind."
        -Frank Zappa