BOC-L T's was Re: hw

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Jan 6 12:10:37 EST 1997

Paul (another list old fogey) says

> FoFP writes:
>
> > Jon Browne writes:
> >
> > > Every now and then someone asks and it's talked about running off a few
> > > more for us newcomers, but as we are beholden upon the charity of Them-
> > > Who-Came-Before, we wait patiently for the day when we too might wear
> > > the T of Truth! Until then, I will continue to wear my Primal Scream T-
> > > Shirt at gigs where I expect to meet Netheads as it's the loudest T I
> > > own.
> >
> > I can get a run of a dozen printed. How much interest is there?
>
> Speaking as one of Them-Who-Came-Before, let me point out that there are
> actually *two* designs of NetHawks t-shirt: a full-colour HW/BOC-rich
> content one, and another B&W mostly-HW content one.  Probably Mike is
> talking about the latter, as that is the one whose production he supervised
> in the past (and for which he owns the screens).  In fact, I still have the
> WWW page I made up for the last print run, to let folks see what the
> t-shirt looks like.  Those interested should point their browsers at this
>         http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/paul/t-shirt.html

There was some talk round  the middle of last year about another T-shirt run.
I took the names down with good intentions before I got landed here with
various items both good and bad that eat into my spare time.

Having painted both designs, let me be the first to same I'm not completely
happy with either of the outputs, though Mike's UK shirt (Hawk & stones)
faired better than the US one. The latter lost a lot in translation and like
some people have commented, there's a bit too much going on.

Anyway, what I was going to do last year was repaint (hopefully a bit more
proficiently) the second design, possibly dropping the Me262. Secondly, I was
toying with the idea of doing the painting on a transparency, allowing for
shirts to be in various colours apart from black, which was another downer of
the originals. (Dunno about you, but I've been to enough gigs to have a whole
shitload of black T's already :-)  I don't know enough about the actual
printing of shirts to say whether a single transparency would be sufficient -
anybody ???

If people are happy with what's there already, or Mike's proposed run, then
fine, I'll shut up. If what I said above is practicable and gets interest, I'll
do it, though I'm happy to just mail the painting to somebody willing to do
the business end.

BTW Paul, whatever happened to the originals of the 2 aborted designs ? Don't
worry, I don't want them back !

cheers,

Tim

ObCD:    Tool,   _AEnima_