OFF: RIP UWP lyrics archive

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Jan 6 13:01:13 EST 1997

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Martyn White wrote:

>         The saddest day for the internet was when the first lawyer
> logged on

Actually, there's more truth in that than you realise.  Wasn't "spamming"
first introduced to Usenet by the Cantor and Siegel law firm??  (Anyone
remember their now-legendary and seminal "Green Card Lottery" spam?)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD/BOC-L: Blue Oyster Cult, _Nail You Down_ (I agree with Chuck: this CD
has amazingly good sound for a bootleg.  Is the boot taken from a radio
show?  Doesn't one or more of the tracks appear on _Extraterrestrial
Live_?  I forget.  Anyway, it's a great CD!)

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.