OFF: RIP UWP lyrics archive

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Jan 6 15:04:42 EST 1997

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, John A Swartz wrote:

> >obCD/BOC-L: Blue Oyster Cult, _Nail You Down_ (I agree with Chuck: this CD
> has amazingly good sound for a bootleg.  Is the boot taken from a radio
> show?  Doesn't one or more of the tracks appear on _Extraterrestrial
> Live_?  I forget.  Anyway, it's a great CD!)
>
> Yes, this was taken from a radio show.  The track of "The Reaper" on this
> CD sounds, to my ear anyway, very similar to the ETL track of "The Reaper".

I agree.  It even has the same vocoded "here is a song from our Agents of
Fortune album" introduction that prefaces the version on _ETL_ (but then
maybe they always introduced it that way at that time?).

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Julian Cope, _Autogeddon_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.