OFF: very, spam question,was:OFF: RIP UWP lyrics archive

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Tue Jan 7 12:46:00 EST 1997

> These days, I have a net service provider that specifically filters
> mail from known spam sites (or rather, offers an umbrella of
> protection which users can voluntarily place themselves under).  I use
> these "spam filters", and I *still* get as much as 4 or 5 spam
> mailings per day.

just curious-- how do you end up getting these spams?
i have only ever recieved one, a gift shop (local) trying to sell me crap
for christmas.
i have nevr left my address on a newsgroup or anything,so i wonder how such
mails
get started...
can people see the addresses of people who have visited their websites?
rj