BOC-L T's was Re: hw

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Tue Jan 7 16:59:46 EST 1997

Paul Mather writes:

> Tim writes:
>
> > Having painted both designs, let me be the first to same I'm not completely
> > happy with either of the outputs, though Mike's UK shirt (Hawk & stones)
> > faired better than the US one. The latter lost a lot in translation and like
> > some people have commented, there's a bit too much going on.
>
> Faired better?  Not in my case.  Read on if you will...
>
> I remember the most fuss being made over the ME262, with some people
> refusing point-blank to wear anything with "fascist war machinery" on it.
> (Personally, it was the slogan on that shirt that most irked me.  I
> *still* much prefer "Some Enchanted Network" even if the scans didn't
> quite reveal the loving computer networking detail you wove into the
> calligraphy on one of your aborted designs that bore that slogan.:)
>
> Anyway, regarding my "ME262"-flavoured NetHawks t-shirt, a friend of mine
> here remarks "oh, I see you're wearing your "Nazi" shirt today" whenever I
> wear it.  But it is *not* the ME262 she is referring to in reference to
> "Nazi."  In fact, she doesn't even know what an ME262 is.  Ironically, it
> is the blood-red "Hawkwind" eagle that draws the "Nazi" tag.  Oh well...

Geez, Paul - "On the Net or On Your Knees" was most of the reason I
bought damn thing (3 actually).  That's the greatest slogan in the
history of Usenet! (and yes, I know that I'm crass).  ;-)

My biggest regret is that I bought the version without the In Search
of Space art on the back - that shirt (Tori has one) look MUCH cooler.
If we do another run, I'm buying 2 more, and getting them WITH the
back art.  The ONLY change that I vote for is putting the engines back
on the ME-262, prince of turbogliders!  ;-)

Steve
swann at panix.com