HW: Ozhawks rule

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Wed Jan 8 10:53:56 EST 1997

Hope the Appreciation Night was a huge success!!!

Now I have a question which I hope some Hawkwind fans out there may be
able to answer?

I am going to do my utmost to arrange their concert in West Australia.
What I have been thinking of doing is organizing a
Convention/Expo/Festival with not only Hawkwind performing, but also
theatre performances, etc..
I am also seriously considering contacting some other overseas guests,
such as actors writers, and so forth.

My question is, what do all of you think???
Would it be a good idea to arrange some event of this type? Do you think
HW fans would be interested in attending? Would it be best approaching
actors, writers, etc., or would other bands and musicians be a better
choice?

The reason I am thinking of this idea is because if HW appear on the
same bill as, say, Patrick Stewart or Michael Moorcock (the latter being
an obvious choice), may give the band more exposure to a wider audience,
and would also make for an interesting mix.
Naturally, it would cost more to get an actor over, which I would be
willing to cover the cost if I thought it may work. I thought I would
ask some others out there what they think???

William