Subject: OFF The Year in Music

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Jan 13 13:44:11 EST 1997

> BTW, why didn't BOC try to get on with Motorhead's
> label, CMC, isn't it?  They specialize in resurrecting hard-luck rock
> bands.  I agree that the responsibility rests with BOC as far as
> getting new material out.  Maybe their management has its head up its
> collective ass?  Anyone know the whys and wherefores of this one?

        Someone has their head up their ass.  tBS as _three_ albums out.
Motorhead walked into a studio with nothing ready to go and produced a
superb album in _five weeks_.

        BOC spends a dozen years putting their name on _Imaginos_, cutting
2 new songs for a dodgy video-movie soundtrack, and releasing a half-hearted
album of re-recorded old songs.  I've lost count of how many record deals
have fallen through for them.  They have apparently recorded 7 new songs--
making a total of 9 songs with the Bad Channels tracks in 12 years.  Gee,
almost enough for an album ... if they had a way to release it.

        This is not slamming on BOC, this is reporting the facts.  What
the *fuck* do they think they're doing?

        CMC is an interesting idea.  Other than that, they're either going
to have to go the tBS route and release the album on their own or accept
that they are all washed up?  How long can they go on touring with the
same old set list?

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            * "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *  fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic, Cambridge *  -- Pippi Langstrump