Subject: OFF The Year in Music

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Jan 14 07:41:46 EST 1997

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Carl E. Anderson wrote:

>         Someone has their head up their ass.  tBS as _three_ albums out.
> Motorhead walked into a studio with nothing ready to go and produced a
> superb album in _five weeks_.
>
>         BOC spends a dozen years putting their name on _Imaginos_, cutting
> 2 new songs for a dodgy video-movie soundtrack, and releasing a half-hearted
> album of re-recorded old songs.  I've lost count of how many record deals
> have fallen through for them.  They have apparently recorded 7 new songs--
> making a total of 9 songs with the Bad Channels tracks in 12 years.  Gee,
> almost enough for an album ... if they had a way to release it.
>
>         This is not slamming on BOC, this is reporting the facts.  What
> the *fuck* do they think they're doing?
>
>         CMC is an interesting idea.  Other than that, they're either going
> to have to go the tBS route and release the album on their own or accept
> that they are all washed up?  How long can they go on touring with the
> same old set list?

        This is Jazza signing back on: haave I missed something, and has
the current album deal _also_ fallen through, or are you just feeling the
Godot factor a bit? Nails being bitten here.
        Oh, by the way, is anyone still looking for a copy of Tyranny and
Mutation?
           Jazza

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk        |
 | "Probability level 1 to 1. We have normality, I repeat, we have      |
 | normality. Anything you still can't deal with is therefore your own  |