OFF: Moorcock/Shirley

Cliff & Pam Wheaton cwheaton at MICRON.NET
Tue Jan 14 13:50:57 EST 1997

dave cohen wrote:

> > bart wrote:
> > >
> > >  Oh yeah - saw this new anthology, entitled _Pawn of Chaos_, of "Eternal
> > >  Champion" stories by divers hands.
> > I'll hafta find this one-sounds interesting. I've got "A Nomad of the
> > Time Stream ordered-hope it gets here soon!!
> > Pam
>
>         caveat emptor really. i was very disappointed in this
>         collection, there is one story by Moorcock "sir milk and blood"
>         an elric story, of sorts. the greenland story, a hawkmoon one,
>         is fair, as is one about jherek carnelian. the rest however,
>         were, to be honest, garbage. poorly written, annoying, cloying,
>         occasionally about nothing at all (and not even written well
>         enough for me to overlook this _minor_ problem)
>
>         --dave
oh dear-that could be annoying. I haven't got into anything besides the
Elric, Von Bek, Hawkmoon, and John Draker aka Erkose aka Ulrich. I do
plan to own ALL the omnibus editions as I've truly enjoyed the first 3.
I'm really looking forward to Nomad getting here. It's one I actually
haven't read yet!!
Pam
--
                 Pam Wheaton                    Cliff  Wheaton
            _____/----^---\____       The greatest tool for  world peace
cwheaton at micron.net
URL:http://netnow.micron.net/~cwheaton