Subject: No BOC Album -Reply

Brad M. Lauchnor blauchno at DEQ.STATE.UT.US
Tue Jan 14 15:05:28 EST 1997

>lil ab wrote:

>What could 3OC possibly bring to the table to convince a label
>that there was an opportunity to make money?

Maybe some innovative writing and a strong desire to continue in
the industry. That might get them somewhere with their past. And
maybe not, but they haven't even written any new material!(ok, a
couple of songs, but not much over the years...)  And I don't
believe that they have aggressively sought to put out a new
album either.

>C'mon folks putting out records is not that easy especially
>if you have no interest in doing all the work yourself.

This seems to support the theory that they just don't care that
much about putting out a new album. I know that since I joined
this list Al has put out 3 albums. Not because he has major label
backing, or because of a huge investment by a record company,
but because he wants too. And  he must care about it, and it's
obviously important to him.

>I'm not going to hold it against them for not doing an album a
>year like Rush or Sabbath. But think of this, would you be happy
>if they were putting out an album a year and the commparative
>quality was such that you believed Club Ninja was awesome?
>[NOTE:  No Club Ninja debates please]

No, I want them to write music that they are comfortable with. If it
takes 1 year or 3 to 4 that's fine. But I don't get the impression that
they have been working hard to write quality material since CN
was released.

The old adage that actions speak louder than words seems to fit
3OC very well.....

Brad L.   blauchno at deq.state.ut.us