Downloadin' CD's...

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Jan 15 00:19:28 EST 1997

>The reason why, my friend, is BANDWIDTH

This from the guy who keeps sending those annoying graphic attatchments on
all his messages....<g>

>CD ROM burners are now down to the price that even I can afford one, if I
wanted to snag one (under the magic $500.00 mark for a 2x burner / 4x
reader; probably less thru mail-order), which is what you would really need
to burn a tune from the 'Net. Pioneer is selling a CD-R unit for
non-computer use for around US$1600 or less, but most of us can't afford that :(

Hmmm.  I still think it's more likely that you'll see stores burning their
cd-roms when you purchase stuff.  Don't know exactly how this affects things
except it might shift emphasis away from albums to singles somewhat.
Whatever goes on this kind of front will still be at the industry's whim, I
suppose.

Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater, Kingdom of the Burning Lands (Amtgard)
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm
(Andrew A. Apold)