BOC: From last night's chat on AOL

Wed Jan 15 10:34:23 EST 1997

1.  New album:  There was almost no discussion concerning BOC being
dropped from the label.  According to Buck, the recording is done,
but the mixing is not.  They will do that after their Northwest swing
is done (in about a month) - Buck feels that this will push back
the previously-advertised March 1 release date.  Eric (who came on much
later than Buck) said that they were working with 2 possible distribution
deals for U.S. -- there was no mentioning by them of being dropped
from the label.  So, it still remains to be seen what's up in this.
My suggestion to anyone who is "getting nervous" to at least wait until
March rolls around, and see what status is reported then.  I intend to
start asking around on AOL soon to see if anyone else knows more about
the supposed SVP deal falling through.  I've heard this "rumor" from
two seperate sources now - of course they may have originated at the
same source.  It may be just a rumor, it may be more than that - I don't
know at this point, but I'm going to be checking.  If in fact the band
has truly got the tracks all recorded, then even if the label did pull
out they may still get it released elsewhere.  IMHO, it's still too
early to tell (and what's a few more months to BOC fans?).

2.  Morning Final:  Bolle and Melne were both on-line and say MF 14
should be out around the beginning of February.  Melne is going to be
off following BOC for 2 weeks, and will finish up the issue when she
returns.

3.  Friends on-line:  Aside from Buck and Eric, Albert Bouchard and Billy
Hilfiger of the Brain Surgeons were both on the chat last night.  It
was rather nice to see Al and Buck sharing a few memories from days
gone by with all of us.  For those of you who might have heard otherwise,
the AOL crowd has alot of respect for Albert.  Also, neither Eric nor
Buck made a quick exit from the chat when Albert was on - so, as Jen
had mentioned previously, I was somewhat premature perhaps last month
when I suggested that Albert may have been the reason.  It was also nice
to know that some of the folks on AOL have checked out tBS music.

I'll scan my chat logs later, to see if I missed anything important.

John