BOC: From last night's chat on AOL

Wed Jan 15 16:03:29 EST 1997

>> is done (in about a month) - Buck feels that this will push back
> the previously-advertised March 1 release date.

>You mean March 1, 1989, right?  ;-)

Maybe March 1, 1999 . . .  ;-)   I think Buck also jokingly said last
night that it would be released on March 1st, but they weren't sure
what year...

>> My suggestion to anyone who is "getting nervous" to at least wait until
> March rolls around, and see what status is reported then.

>Anybody taking bets?  ;-)

Well, no.  At this point in time, I'd be willing to bet that they do
release the new album in some form this year.  If they really do have
all the songs recorded, and can get them mixed, then I've got to believe
that somehow the CD will be distributed -- I think BOC's online fans
will put pressure on them to release it on their own accord and they
can sell 'em mail order and at concerts.  Like I believe Theo said -
hey, at this point, if some "Euro-trash" label won't have them, what's
left?  In my mind, they will have run out of any better avenues, and
they'll be sitting with a master tape of these new tunes that we're
all screaming for.

But, again, that's assuming that their record deal really has fallen
through, and I just don't know that for a fact at this point.  There
is still 6 weeks until March 1st - we'll see what develops between now
and then . . .

John