Subject: No Album Yet.

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Jan 16 12:28:00 EST 1997

> I'm not going to hold it against them for not doing an album a year like
> Rush or Sabbath. But think of this, would you be happy if they were
> putting out an album a year and the commparative quality was such that
> you believed Club Ninja was awesome?  [NOTE:  No Club Ninja debates
> please]

Carl>        On the other hand, I heard the recent Rush album was pretty
>good.  Contemporary Sabbath admitedly doesn't do a lot for me.  I
>prefer not to even _think_ about the possibility of BOC "topping"
>_Club Ninja_! ;)

No argument on Rush+s T4E.  I know Martin didn+t care for it but I like
it.

theo>And if they really do want to make another album, why in the hell
>don't they go the route Al took and simply do it themselves?

Again Theo I would debate you that this isn+t as easy as it appears.
Al+s had great success but at what cost?  He knows what has to be done
to do this but that+s not to say anybody connected with 3OC has the
tools, talent, desire or even a way to make this happen.

John>1.  New album:  There was almost no discussion concerning BOC being
>dropped from the label.  According to Buck, the recording is done,
>but the mixing is not.  They will do that after their Northwest swing
>is done (in about a month) - Buck feels that this will push back
>the previously-advertised March 1 release date.

If the mixing is the only thing left to be done lets hope they find
someone real good to mix it.  If the deal is truly off at least having
the masters of the recordings puts them one step closer to doing it
themselves.  The rest will be up to them.  Not relenting on Theo, but
being this close really puts them in a corner not to do something.

Brian>I continue to have an optimistic outlook on BOC's album rumors.
Until they
>come right out and say it, I'll continue thinking they're still on the
>label.  If the deal has indeed fallen through, they should just tape their
>recordings on blank 90min tapes and sell them at concerts 'cause if a
>"euro-trash" label doesn't want them, who will?  That's it!  Back to
>basics!  Sell the new music on cheap tapes and create a new BOC t-shirt
>with "Blue Oyster Cult" in iron-on fuzzy letters, and the album art on the
>back done in fabric crayon.  Play the "starving artist" angle! :P

O.K. Brian you can be the new manager and Schenk can report to you. 8^).
 If they did go tBS route and do this mail order or concert only I
wonder what the break-even point is to cover the cost?  If they
announced this thing was only available at shows it could increase
attendance.  Heck why not, oh I forgot ya gotta mix it first.

Seriously I+m struggling to find a bright side to any of these rumors
speculation, whatever...OK here+s one, they got a package of songs to
demo as they try to re-sell themselves to someone who can put this thing
out and distribute it.  I+ll be patient and wait.  If we get it fine, if
not business as usual.

lil ab

Andy Wharhol+s modern man builds a castle in the air
The deck is stacked but his house of cards
grows as high as the market will bear
It won+t take much to make his ship of dreams
come crashing to the ground
You just wait for the wheel of fate to turn
and the wind of the  wolf is gonna blow it all down