Subject: No Album Yet.

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jan 16 12:13:48 EST 1997

> From:          "BREVARD Adrian R." <ABrevard at SHL.COM>

> theo>And if they really do want to make another album, why in the hell
> >don't they go the route Al took and simply do it themselves?
>
> Again Theo I would debate you that this isn+t as easy as it appears.
> Al+s had great success but at what cost?  He knows what has to be done
> to do this but that+s not to say anybody connected with 3OC has the
> tools, talent, desire or even a way to make this happen.

Agreed.  Al's been putting his ass on the line doing things his own
way, and I'm sure he's not getting rich at it.  Probably losing
money.  But he at least has the vision to see beyond a narrow
horizon, gambling on the fans' good will, and demonstrating faith in
his group and its material.  I suspect that he's gambling on
maintaining a fan base by keeping new material coming out and
networking with a core group of fans that's likely expanding.  This
is risky, and requires great patience, it's true.  But now, is Al
starving?  I think not.  Is he happy?  Obviously.  Are we interested?
You bet.  If you ask me, Al's right on the mark here.  Can we expect
3OC to take the same crap shoot?  No, and it's not really fair to do
so, but it's obvious that they're just reading water.  I say, why not
give it a shot?  My god, these guys are all pros, probably at least
one of them has a home studio that would yield a decent record.
Jeez, do something, even if it's wrong!

theo