Subject: No Album Yet.

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Fri Jan 17 00:02:14 EST 1997

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Ted Jackson jr. EL84 wrote:

> Agreed.  Al's been putting his ass on the line doing things his own
> way, and I'm sure he's not getting rich at it.  Probably losing
> money.  But he at least has the vision to see beyond a narrow
> horizon, gambling on the fans' good will, and demonstrating faith in
> his group and its material.  I suspect that he's gambling on
> maintaining a fan base by keeping new material coming out and
> networking with a core group of fans that's likely expanding.  This
> is risky, and requires great patience, it's true.  But now, is Al
> starving?  I think not.  Is he happy?  Obviously.  Are we interested?
> You bet.  If you ask me, Al's right on the mark here.

  I couldn't agree more with this statement re: tBS.  Theo is right on
here.

>  Can we expect
> 3OC to take the same crap shoot?  No, and it's not really fair to do
> so, but it's obvious that they're just reading water.  I say, why not
> give it a shot?  My god, these guys are all pros, probably at least
> one of them has a home studio that would yield a decent record.
> Jeez, do something, even if it's wrong!

 A-MEN preacher!  I would buy outtakes of grace at BD's dinner table.
Heck, the hardcore BOC fans are ready and willing to mail order or
whatever.
 They do have talent.  I doesn't take much for any company to see that.
As rock vets, I would go so far as to say that they would not have too
much trouble getting signed, even on a small label, and esp. if they
already have a recorded album.  Hey!  Why not Cellsum records!!  :)
(Only jokin')

  feeling cheeky,

   Troy