OFF: Silly laws in the USA

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jan 17 04:23:51 EST 1997

>> From: Ed Gallagher <egallagh at HARPER.CC.IL.US>
>
>> I remember hearing that it's illegal to cary an ice cream cone in your
>> pocket in Texas.

That's not silly at all. In fact, the penalties are too soft. I've seen
your once fine nation go to the dogs because of scoff-laws carrying ice
cream in their pockets without a thought for anyone else. Don't these
people have any consideration of the physical risks to themselves and
others, let alone the long term psychological damage and/or domestic
breakdown they invite. What about the children?

I'd throw away the goddam key.
--
Jon Browne