BOC: Give 'em a break?

Rocker22 at AOL.COM Rocker22 at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 17 10:26:18 EST 1997

In a message dated 97-01-17 10:02:33 EST, John wrote:

<< I've heard these claims about BOC-L being not the fawning fans that we
think AOL folks are, and after spending some time on AOL, I think it is true
that the AOL folks tend to be more positive.  Sure, Eric and Buck being over
there is part of the reason, but still, it isn't exactly the "fawning" that
some have claimed it to be.  There are some very insightful BOC fans on AOL.
 And, which do you think is a better motivator for the band:  fans who bitch
about what's wrong with BOC, or fans who praise the band for what they've
done?  This is all not meant to start an "us vs. them" thing here (again). >>

I've been on AOL for a little over 2 years and BOC-L for 2 years.  One thing
that's been obvious is the differing attitudes on both services.

You know, when you're raising children, you can praise them for what they do
right or berate them for what they do wrong.  Which child will be a better
child?  The one that's been kicked all the time will be sullen and angry.
 This doesn't mean that you can't discipline and criticize the child.
 However, you want the child to feel positive about themselves.

Eric is a positive person.  It's easy to see why he doesn't want to be a part
of BOC-L.  And if I'm fawning, well, fine.

R.