HW: cassettes?

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Fri Jan 17 14:15:00 EST 1997

Martyn White wrote:
> Frank wrote:
> >I'm actually working on this.  I now have an ISP where I can put up a
> >web page (my normal e-mail access is through my work account, but we
> >can't have external web pages here).  I'm (slowly, very slowly)
> >putting together a Hawkwind site that will concentrate on band
> >trivia.  There are already Hawkwind sites out there that have the
> >normal information, so I want to do something a little different.  I
>
>         Sounds great.  I have lots of HW trivia posts saved in my
> $HOME/mbox if you want them.  Just don't put up any lyrics :-)

Thanks.  I'd like to get in touch with you when I have put some order
in the chaos that is my current (internal) site.

In my original version of the site, I had a section of lyrics, put I
would prefer it if I didn't get any angry calls from the powers that
be telling me to take stuff off my web site.  I'm sort of worried
about the interviews I have stored, too.  I'd like to put them all
online, but I could live without getting slapped with a copyright
suit.  Does anyone know where I can get some plain English
explanations of what I could put online with proper attributions and
what I can't?

> >If only I could become independently wealthy so I didn't have to work
> >anymore, this just wouldn't be a problem.  :-)
>
>         Have you thought of applying for a federal grant to work
> full time on Hawkwind trivia :-)

I can just see the headline now:  "Government Grant Given to Encourage
the Following of Foreign, Long-Haired, Drug-Crazed, Space Freaks."
I'm sure that would go over just peachy with Newt and the boys!  :-)

Frank
ObCD: Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

Well, perhaps some pleasant word-game? Make a sentence out of the
following words: "Face... sodding... your... shut".
            -- Melchett and Edmund : Chains