BOC new / aol chat / etc.

Fri Jan 17 16:35:58 EST 1997

Al says:

>Then Paul Orfino
(owner of Millbrook Sound) told my brother, Joe, that he had to kick BOC
out of his studio because he never got paid (how unusual) after they did
only 7 songs.

I should point out one thing that Bolle told me, which "might" be the
difference in reports of "10" vs. "7" songs.  Bolle had mentioned in a
previous phone conversation that because of Eric's recent vocal problems,
they were planning on using versions of some of the songs he sang that
had been previously recorded.  Prior to the SVP deal, they had recorded
some of their "new" songs, including Harvest Moon, Still Burnin', See
You in Black, Cold Grey Light of Dawn, and Power Underneath Despair.
While the intention was to completely re-do all the tracks, Bloom's voice
may have sounded better on the original ones (cut back in '95 probably -
Bolle mentioned that Jon Rogers was playing bass on those demos and
would probably be credited on the new album).  So, if See You in Black,
Cold Grey Light, and Power Underneath weren't re-done in late '96,
that could be the 3 out of the 10 songs that were re-done, making 7
other tunes recorded.  This is just my speculation based on what I've
heard.

John