BÖC

Jack W. Heffling hdboc at 3-CITIES.COM
Fri Jan 17 18:02:50 EST 1997

Hi all,

I don't usually post much here, but thought I would drop my 2 cents in
on the latest conversation being as I'm an old-time boc fan (1973), and
have been on the AOL boc message boards for a couple of years.

First, I don't believe in categorizing anybody. Many great fans exist on
AOL and BOC-L. I believe it is a simple fact that since AB communicates
with fans on this medium, that many of the fans here are more loyal to
him and since EB and BD communicate with fans on AOL, people there are
more loyal to them. And I'm speaking about the types of posts made, the
adulation, etc.. Once, after someone mentioned wanting to here Imaginos
material live, Eric posted "If you want to here Imaginos, go see the
Brain Surgeons." So, I believe that most don't mention tBS or AB much on
AOL, so as not to piss off Eric, as it is appreciated his intermingling
with fans. However, I talk to many of the fans in private, and I would
say 99% would say they would be elated to have the band with the
original lineup. I know I sure would. I've always felt his drumming is
unmatched by any other I've ever heard, and the songs he has written are
among my favorites.
I guess my bottom line is; I believe the majority of the fans, no matter
what online programming they use, pretty much feel the same way. They
love most all the music boc has ever done, they enjoy going to the
concerts, even though there is constant requests for other material,
they are frustrated by the lack of new material, though on AOL that
won't be mentioned much publicly, and they appreciate AB's music and are
also excited with tBS releases and news on any shows or upcoming
recordings.
But nothing is ever perfect. It seem extremely remote that AB would ever
play with 3OC again, and it appears boc finds great difficulty in
getting a solid recording deal, no matter who is at fault, or what the
circumstances. Me, I'll just continue enjoying the music I already have,
continue my praise for band members, both present and past, and of
course, always hope for new material:)
Stepping down now,
Jack

http://j-and-a.com/boc.html