BOC: Give 'em a break?

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Fri Jan 17 18:34:05 EST 1997

>>>From my time on AOL last year, I don't think it's so much "fawning idolatry",
>so much as a lot of the AOL people earnestly believe that BOC are the best
>band in the world, right now in the nineties.

yes, and I was disappointed to find it wasn't true of BOC-L

>  They're even crazier about them
>now than I was in 1978!  They do things like organise letter-writing campaigns
>to get BOC on Jay Leno.  (Dream on!)

you'd really have some "fawning idolatry" or a reasonable facsimile thereof
if this were to happen.....

>To oversimplify like mad, I'd say they're mostly "true fans", whereas I think
>there's a lot of foilks on BOC-L who *used* to be fans, but stick around for
>the company.

this is pretty much the opinion I've been forming, but since I haven't been on the
list long, I was giving people a little for rope...

>But if and when, I'll definitely be buying the new album, and I'll do my best
>to "listen without prejudice".
>Is that positive enough for ya? :)

yes, thank you :-)

>- Andy

Ted Alger
That's Army stuff!
It's got nothing to do with us!      - Ernest Bilko
And we wonder how machines
Can steal each others' dreams