OFF: Re: "Blue Laws" and Texas craziness...

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Sat Jan 18 00:21:28 EST 1997

With all this talk of Texas craziness and "blue laws," I thought it might
be pertinent to point out a story in today's paper (Roanoke Times; 17th
Jan. 1997) wherein a town in Texas has passed an ordinance outlawing
"hello" as the official form of greeting and replacing it with "heaven-o"
instead.  The reason?  The word "hello" contains the word "hell..."

Cheers,

Paul.

obHawkwind: "Has the world gone mad or is it only me?"
                --- Master of the Universe

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.