OFF: Silly laws in the U>*K*<

QUEST dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Sat Jan 18 03:48:58 EST 1997

OK, that's enough talk of the silly laws here on the big side of the pond.

I just saw an episode of "TV Nation" that went to the good ol' U.K., and
guess what it found out....

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!  I can't believe it.  You Brits have to pay for a
*license* to watch the telly!  (I know, it's a license to *have* a telly,
but I heard about the numerous people who've been arrested for watching
someone else's television w/out a license.)

At least most (yes, I said most) of our weird laws seemed to make sense
when whoever-it-was thought them up.

Hmmm... :)
Damon