OFF: Silly laws all over the world

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Sun Jan 19 16:09:41 EST 1997

Martyn White wrote:

>         This may seem silly to you but the system provides the money
> to run channels (BBC1 and BBC2) that are free of commercials and thus
> the need to pamper to the needs of the advertisers.  To some
> extent this has served to provide some good quality programs that
> otherwise would not have seen the light of day.  On the other hand
> it is "state" TV and subject to the abuses of government censorship

Hey, that I did not know. In Holland, it's 'public', but not as in 'state' tv. The gov
does not interfere and does not censor. Some stations do, however.

Censorship? Ha, this reminds me of the pay channel we watched for a couple of minutes in
a Las Vegas hotel. That was an American blue movie and you had to pay for watching
that! Hahahaha! Hilarious!

Jerry

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand"
- Neil Peart (Rush) in 'Witch Hunt'