OFF: Silly laws

Cliff & Pam Wheaton cwheaton at MICRON.NET
Sun Jan 19 15:04:58 EST 1997

Martyn White wrote:

> >One that comes to my mind is the following:
> >In Idaho, it is illegal to be pregnant out of wedlock.  No, the law says
> >nothing about the *father* of the child.  The law is just one of many that
> >the State enacted for the sake of reducing the number of teen- and other
> >single-parents.  Yes, the State of Idaho does enforce the law - to set an
> >example, of course.  Weird...
>
>         How can they try to enforce a law like this?  Surely it would
> be turned over on appeal as being unconstitutional?
>
> >Damon
>
> Martyn
they actually put the poor kid in jail over this one! Yes, there was a
large uproar over it as well.
The paper made a big deal over it, then let it die!
Pam
--
                 Pam Wheaton                    Cliff  Wheaton
            _____/----^---\____       The greatest tool for  world peace
cwheaton at micron.net
URL:http://netnow.micron.net/~cwheaton