BOC: Give 'em a break?

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Mon Jan 20 12:16:14 EST 1997

I can just about understand that a group might have recording deal
problems which stop them from putting out new material (XTC for example).
So I don't feel too bad about the lack of new records; but the unchanging
set list is a pretty poor show. I went off the Who when I noticed that
they were doing the same show year in, year out (except that maybe two
numbers from their latest album would be slotted in).

The only reason that I can think of for not changing a set is that the
band do not want to rehearse; either because there are personality or
logistical problems, or that they simply cannot be bothered. If this new
album really does come out, I will be disappointed if the touring set does
not include at least four numbers from it.

- Mike Godwin