HW: Gig list

Ken Alexander kalex at EECS.UMICH.EDU
Mon Jan 20 16:01:30 EST 1997

>         I am running a workstation (digital unix 2.0).  How do
> I process the file that Bernhard just posted??

If you've got a mime-complaint mail reader program, then it should have
allowed you to process the encoded data and save it to a file.
If you don't, then you can possibly run the data through a separate
decoder program, such as piping it through 'metamail'.  If you have
no such program, then you might be able to download one.  If you can't
find one, then you're toast.

After this, you're left with a ZIP file.  Use the 'unzip' program to
unzip it.  If you don't have unzip, you can probably download it.
If you can't find it, then you're toast.

After this, you're left with a DOC file.  You'll need some kind of
word processor program that can read multiple formats including this,
and I think 'applix' might do the trick.  If you don't have a program
that will read these, and can't find one, then you're toast.

Hope this helps.

-Ken
CDs for sale or trade:  http://polyphemus.engin.umich.edu/kalex/forsale.html