BOC: Various thoughts of the day

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Tue Jan 21 13:22:28 EST 1997

John said :

>Albert has stated here several times
>that he has no intention or desire to re-join a band that he left
>OVER 15 YEARS AGO (Imaginos work and his 2-week "fill-in" work in 1985
>not withstanding).
>       (snip)
>maybe Al feels
>a bit flattered that we say that BOC ain't the same without him, but I
>would think he gets tired of answering questions of "why did he leave?"
>and "is he ever coming back?" and would much rather talk about tBS.

I agree wholeheartedly. If I were Al I'd certainly be very tired of all
those questions. In fact, I'm amazed that he sticked with us so long
(although I don't know how long it's been - when did he join BOC-L ?)... In
any case, I suggest we try to calm down a little and give him a break. Maybe
we should even consider adding in the welcome message to new subscribers a
message stating that such matters shouldn't be discussed, or whatever.

And about the new BOC album :

>It will be
>discussed EXTENSIVELY here on BOC-L -- we'll pick it apart track by track,
>maybe even note by note.

Very likely indeed ! *laugh*

>I think Buck's frustrations stem from
>wanting to do more of his own stuff which doesn't necessarily fit the
>BOC vein, but for whatever reasons he can't do as Al did and do an
>independent release of his own stuff.

This is weird though. He already did a solo album and I don't see what could
stop him from doing another. Many members from other bands have done it,
still do it and will continue doing so in the future, so why not Buck ? Or
Eric or Allen, for that matter ? Now wouldn't that be cool, solo albums from
all BOC members ?... :-) Of course, to do that they'd definitely have to
slow down on their touring habits first !

>There
>were hints that Allen was writing tunes awhile back, but I've heard no
>definite mention of Allen writing anything for the new album.

Hmm... maybe a solo project ? *grin*

>>May all BOC-l subscribers be in the hall on the night when these bands
>are in the same place and jam together as musicians and friends.
>
>Would be a glorious day indeed.  Tell me when and where, and me and my
>bass will be there. (with a six-pack or 2 of Anchor Steam?) :-)

Yes. But not likely to happen, I fear. I think the chances of having all
BOC-L subscribers in the same venue at the same time are just as thin as
having the two bands play a gig together.

May time prove me wrong :-o

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)