BOC: Re: Various thoughts of the day

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jan 21 18:57:44 EST 1997

> From:          Ted Alger <talger at PIPELINE.COM>
> Subject:       Re: BOC: Re: Various thoughts of the day

>> that aren't hardcore followers.....I know most of the times I've seen the band, a large
> majority of the people in the venues are people that probably said to themselves "gee,
> Blue Oyster Cult huh? I remember them. That would be a cool show to go to." and probably
> got a bunch of friends together to go to the gig.  How many of these people are going to
> come back the next time if they don't recognize the songs? Next issue, the guys (at least

I hate to say so, but you're at least partially right.  Witness the
stream of punters to pour out of last month's show right after DFtR.
They'd obviously heard what they came for, and split before the
encores, which were, BTW, old songs.  OTOH, the new tunes did go
over, though I don't know how true that would be if they'd played 5
or 6 of them...
theo