HW: cassettes?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Jan 22 07:12:06 EST 1997

>         And am I mad, or do I remember you telling me about one of Ben
> Cash's Weird Tapes dying as he tried to play it to you? I reckon it's
> something in the glasses, personally...

        No, no, that was Andy Gilham's Weird Tape dying.  The story of
Ben's tapes was him lending me _Cultosaurus_, _Spectres_, and _FoUO_
to listen to whilst I wrote an undergrad paper on RPGs ... thus
propelling me towards BOC fandom, and thence to boc-l and thence to
extreme poverty and a music collection that is beginning to warp
space around it :)

        Miraculously, none of Ben's tapes underwent failure during this
event.  Perhaps because it was _me_ playing them and tapes only fail
when _other_ people play them to me?

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            * "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *  fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic, Cambridge *  -- Pippi Langstrump